Yes, you heard it right; it is possible to build solar panel yourself. It is a little challenging task but with a right guide, you can do it easily with some basic skills of carpenter. Making solar panel is fun and it is a very good idea of passing the free time. On top of that, after completing the solar panel, you can use it to get the solar power to power your house and avoid paying high electricity bills. Read further, and you will find this article as a very good guide of making solar panel yourself.
First you have to gather the following items to build solar panel , which you are going to need in this process. These items can easily be found in your house or at least from near hardware shops. These items are:
1. A saw made of wood, if it is electronic then it will be very good.
3. Soldering gun
4. Drill machine
5. A cutter to cut wires
6. Copper Wires
7. Electrical Solder
8. Paint brush
9. Silicon caulk
10. Plexiglass sheet
11. Rosin flux pen
12. Tin wires
13. Plywood with substantial width and length
14. UV protective varnish
15. Solar cells
Buying some of these items will cost you a little but it is still cheaper than buying the whole solar panel. Also, it is worthwhile, as it will also save you from high bills.
Once all the tools and gears are set, you can now start making your own solar panel yourself, simply by following the instructions below.
1. First step is to cut the plywood is such a way that all of the solar cells can easily be adjusted in that. Then paint that plywood with UV protective varnish.
2. Attach all the cells together with wires and solder them. But remember, you have to first use Rosin flux pen to put on the flux on all of the connector strips in cells.
3. Now join these cells and the plywood silicon calk dabs.
4. Now, ensure to make hole for two wires that will be pulled from the previous solar cell. After, pulling the wires through that holes, you have to make sure to seal it with silicon beads.
5. Now you have to make hole by drilling in the plexiglass to make space for placing screw in them.
6. After that, make a reliable case for holding that plexiglass.
7. Now, use screws and silicon for connect the case of plexiglass with plywood that have the solar cells.
8. Congratulations, you have made a solar panel by yourself. Now, last thing you have to do is to ensure that there are no flaws in assembling of the parts.